She is unlocked by having seven heart containers of maximum health at any one time in a playthrough (Soul Hearts do not count, however, the temporary health boost from the XI Strength tarot card does.)
- In the Bible, Mary Magdalene was a friend of Jesus, who had seven demons cast out of her body; this may be the reason seven hearts are needed to unlock her.
- In the art booklet of the Unholy Edition, Magdalene is referred to as the "cleric", which is in keeping with her increased max health and health regeneration (Yum Heart).
- In one of the dreams Isaac has in the interludes between levels, he is shown getting a wig with a bow identical to Magdalene's hairstyle.
- When entering a miniboss room, the title up the top will say Magdalena instead of Magdalene.
- She is often referred to as "Maggy" in the game.
- It is believed she was a prostitute, but it is never said in the bible.
- In Rebirth, Maggy is used instead of Isaac for some challenges
"Maggy's Wig" - Have 7 Heart Containers at once in a single playthrough.
"The Cross" - Kill Mom's Heart with Maggy.
"The Guardian Angel" - Kill Satan with Maggy.
"The Celtic Cross" - Kill Isaac with Maggy.
"Maggys Faith" - Kill ??? with Maggy. Template:Characters