Scolex is a large tapeworm boss found in the Womb. He can be considered an older version of Pin, but not a posthumous one.
- Jumps out of the ground towards the player, then burrows back into the ground. This attack is repeated multiple times.
- When Scolex's head pops out, he will shoot multiple blood shots of various sizes, similar to Monstro.
- When Scolex's tail pops out, he will fire three Ipecac shots at the player.
- Scolex is invulnerable to damage, only his tail, which constantly blinks, can be damaged.
- Black: Scolex is larger, slower, and has more health.
- A scolex is the name given to the head of a tapeworm.
- Compared to the original Binding of Isaac, Scolex's head and tail attacks are swapped.
- When Scolex is slowed, some of his bodyparts may detach or won't even show up - they will only be visible while entering the ground (especially tail).
- If the final vulnerable segment of Scolex's tail is destroyed using the Chaos Card, the boss will glitch and become harder to kill.
- The scolex is the head of a tapeworm.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.